Monday, June 8, 2009

Yoga

This morning I experienced an epic butt kicking. I guess I'm what you call an experienced Yoga lover. I've experienced becoming in tune with my inner chi and all that jazz and when it comes down to it I love the "sport." This summer I decided instead of wasting my life on facebook I was going to something beneficial to my health. I signed up for this yoga class near my house that was tragically early in the morning figuring again that, it would be good for me. I went this morning for the first time sporting my cute little yoga pants with my matching mat and truly looked the part. The composition of the class consisted of all middle aged woman who I assume had each had children. This is where the irony comes into play. I am 18 years old. That is a statement of fact. Considering that fact I should be in the best shape and condition of my life. For the most part I am, I can get up a flight of stairs without passing out and run to the mailbox but that's about the extent of my abilities. Let's get back to the class. Now as I viewed these women, they were hard core with rock hard abs! Every single one of them had a body that I felt inferior to at my young age. We started warming up and already I needed to take a breather. Half way through theclass my muscles were shaking and I fell flat on my mat several times. By the end of the class I passed out on my mat during relaxation. When I got up I could barely stand up and totally whacked my head on the wall in the process of elevating myself to my feet. Maybe I'll improve as I continue on my journey of competing with a bunch of 40 year old women.
'
"Yoga is the fountain of youth. You're only as young as young as your spine is flexible. "
- Bob Harper

3 comments:

  1. haha Amy, I did Yoga this morning too, but it was on the Wii Fit, and it wasn't nearly that hard! Sorry about the butt kicking, but Im glad you got a blog! Yay for blog-buddies! love ya!
    Tara

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ok, so I was really confused with the whole following blogs things, and somehow I am following you twice, and I don't know how to get rid of the bad one. The one with my senior pic is linked to my blog, and the other one is just me, hmmm... not sure what to do. Sorry!

    ReplyDelete