Friday, July 3, 2009

Invincibility

Today karma caught up with me. I am the type of person that learns lessons the hard way. I was the type of kid that when my mother told me the stove is hot decided to put my hand smack down on it just to see if she was lying to me or not. At sixteen I was also the type of kid who was at the DMV at the crack of dawn on their birthday to get their license. The sense of freedom and speed driving presented me with was thrilling. My motto was, speed limit? Amy Webb has no speed limit. I scoffed at my friends who got pulled over. What were they doing wrong that they couldn't avoid the cops better? I loved to tell stories about driving, seeing a cop, and pulling into the nearest turn of a neighborhood and pretending like I was in the middle of a high speed chase to get away from the potential of being pulled over. An accident couldn't even convince me to change my ways. How dare the person I crashed into have put their car in that spot? Let's commence to the present. Today I had to pick up my brother from a friend's. I was annoyed that I couldn't convince him to walk home a mile in 100 degree weather. I was still in my pajamas, without shoes, and rushed out of my house with my keys lacking my license. I soared down my favorite road to speed on with no problems. On the way back, I saw something at the end of that straight shot of a road. It looked like a kid sitting on his bike on the sidewalk just chillin. I peered down the road at him and thought what a weirdo why is that kid just sitting there?? However as I got closer the kid on the bike was pointing a gun at me... This was no retarded kid to my dismay, it was a jerk face of a cop just waiting to get sick pleasure out of giving me a ticket. After being convicted of 3 violations and coming close to being sent straight to jail, the ticket summed up to be about $650. I just learned a lesson worth nearly seven hundred dollars today and that is- I am a moron.

"Two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe." --Albert Einstein

2 comments:

  1. Amy, you are a fantastic writer! Did you know that? Hopefully that makes you feel a little bit better about your ticket...ouch!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha!!! SUCKER!!! Jk, this is sad, I know how it feels to see the dumb kid on the bike a relize how he really isn't all that dumb. I liked how you mentioned me in your blog. At least I think the part about the friend who couldn't avoid the cops better was me, haha. And the accident. So scary, but your right, how dare that random nice mom and her son have their car just waiting there trying to get into Disneyland, what punks!!! Anyway, sorry you learned your lesson, I love you! See ya Monday!!!

    ReplyDelete