Monday, July 13, 2009

Annoyance

This blog is officially devoted to how peeved I feel at the moment. Therfore if you don't wish to be bombarded by many whiny statements feel free to exit out. I would like to start off with this morning. I was woken up at 9:15 by my wonderful mother. I rolled over and looked at my phone. "what the flip?!" I thought to myself, "what teenager gets up before noon in the summer?!" Especially ones that stay up into all hours of the night doing absolutely nothing. I would like to use the analogy of getting drunk to staying up all night, in the morning you can't remember what happened for the life of you and are extremely irritable to lights, sounds, and the most subtle of human movements. Getting back to me drowsily moaning in my bed, I was then sent off on an array of errands to be completed, including being the official family chauffer to all my siblings. I constantly wonder to myself why they can't ride their bikes anywhere! As we drive I enjoy telling them stories about back in my day we rode our bikes six miles, uphill in 122 degree heat! This compares directly to the stories my parents used to tell me of how they used to walk uphill both ways to school in the snow. Needless to say it is only about 113 degrees outside. I believe this lovely Arizona heat is starting to get to me. I'm afraid to see what else will irriate me by the end of the day... and it's only 3:18....

"A grouch escapes so many little annoyances that it almost pays to be one."
--Kim Hubbard

No comments:

Post a Comment