Sunday, July 26, 2009

Hobbies

I think it's a bad thing when writing in this blog becomes an item on my to-do list. Oh well here it goes.

I have developed a hobby I am especially stoked about!! All summer while I have been wasting my life away my mom has been trying to force activities on me such as cooking, sewing, and crocheting. No offense to you Mom but those things flat out suck. In the parable of the talents the Lord encourages his servants each to multiply the talents they have been given. Well I am sure God is smiling down upon me as I have discovered and obsessively developed this new talent of mine!
A few days ago I was feeling my brain began to melt out of my ears because I was so bored. I randomly looked in the games closet and pulled out one that used to be one of my favorites..... Rummikub!!! I shrieked at the top of my lungs for my sister Kimmyto get in there and entertain me. I instantly became hooked and began to love this game even more when I could consecutively win every game against my poor sister. I even dragged her on a babysitting job with me so we could play. While we were babysitting, I completely forgot about the kid I was watching in the midst of my epic game playing. After about 7 games, Kimmy looked up and asked me where the kid went. She went into his room and he had found a tube of Desatin and rubbed it all over himself and the baby. They freakishly looked like they had both died and came back to interrupt my Rummikub game as ghosts.
Kimmy finally got sick of losing to me. She's a poor sport is what it comes down to. I started experiencing withdrawals from being able to match up tiles and came up with a solution!! I downloaded the game on my computer. The computer I play against is named Sebastian. At first it was a challenge but I think I have finally humbled Sebastian with my skills. Play me, I dare you.

"Making money is a hobby that will complement any other hobbies you have, beautifully."
--Scott Alexander

No comments:

Post a Comment